Repairing Interior Plastics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kilmat? I'm in the process of sound deadening as well
Yes Kilmat and noico green ccf is what i am using with some MLV I picked up for free. Totally overkill for this truck, but when a huge roll of MLV lands in your lap ya gotta use it right?

My little work truck should be quieter than my escalade when I am done.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Devcon Plastic Welder epoxy is an excellent product for a lot of applications. It's even repaired the screw retainers in one of my Express van mirrors.

I've tried other brands and they do not seem to be as good as the Devcon stuff.
I appreciate the suggestion!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
MEK will melt plastic, so you can use it to melt the plastic back together. It also evaporates quick too, but you need to use it in a well ventaleted area. The fumes are very strong. You can find MEK at most hardware stores. Get some old plastic to practice on first, so you will get a feel as to how it works.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some good fodder here for my "truck" file. Thanks to all who contributed.I was fortunate enough to find a full high trim Silverado trim set for my old junker. Even more fortunate was the fact that the donor truck had obviously been a garage queen as there was essentially NO sun damage on any of the trim. I did break a few things being in too much of a hurry but some of these repair ideas will come in handy. Great thread and very interesting answers.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have good luck using the Harbor freight two part clear glue. They so large ones of it and I use quite a bit of it

Kriegs

Reaction score
ok i havent tried it...yet.But when i was looking into repairing my 72 Dusters grille the mopar forum swore to get a glass jar with acetone,add in some pieces of the original grille.it forms a paste from the original plastic and can use it to weld/putty up the part needing attention/repair

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok i havent tried it...yet.But when i was looking into repairing my 72 Dusters grille the mopar forum swore to get a glass jar with acetone,add in some pieces of the original grille.it forms a paste from the original plastic and can use it to weld/putty up the part needing attention/repair
Its not acetone you use, its MEK. MEK melts plastic, acetone will not.