Repairing Interior Plastics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've snapped some clips removing interior trim around the doors and back wall of the cab. Is there is a generally acceptable way to repair these things? It doesnt need to be perfect, just functional and not rattling all over.

I also seem to be missing a couple of the clips for the trim on the back wall under the rear window. Any idea where I can find more?

You must be registered for see images attach

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes you can get lucky at the junkyard, but singles cabs are getting hard to find. I found using velcro helped with panels that are close to the body. In some areas I used self tapping screws. Velcro also works good for padding noisy panels.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
That back panel looks like the same one that is used on the extended cabs

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Plastic weld them back on with a soldering iron ($5 from walmart) and a ziptie. That will be my approach anyway.

You could plastic weld the actual piece you snapped too or, if you can find one, buy a new (used) one.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plastic weld them back on with a soldering iron ($5 from walmart) and a ziptie. That will be my approach anyway.

You could plastic weld the actual piece you snapped too or, if you can find one, buy a new (used) one.
I do have a plastic welder. Will likely try that route and glob on a bunch of epoxy on top.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes you can get lucky at the junkyard, but singles cabs are getting hard to find. I found using velcro helped with panels that are close to the body. In some areas I used self tapping screws. Velcro also works good for padding noisy panels.
Im adding some soundproofing. (Dynamat knockoff, closed cell foam' and mlv) Velcro is a great idea.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Kilmat? I'm in the process of sound deadening as well