Interior swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dad28529

Reaction score
I am rebuilding a 94 regular cab stepside with my 13 year old son. Just bought a 95 suburban with like new interior for a parts vehicle. I am just wondering what issues I may encounter going from 94 wiring for the windows and locks to the 95 doors. (Doors themselves are being replaced in this process. Any help would be appreciated

Extrawubbs

Reaction score
Yea i wish someone had more information about the door swap. Im about to put my 95up doors on my 94 gmc and half of the internet says yes it fits and half says it wont fit so i guess ill find out

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea i wish someone had more information about the door swap. Im about to put my 95up doors on my 94 gmc and half of the internet says yes it fits and half says it wont fit so i guess ill find out
I can tell you first hand that they will fit. I put a ‘97 door on my ‘91, but I did swap the inner black steel panel and the interior door handle and door lock rods out of my ‘91 door to the ‘97 door.
I ran around in the truck for a few weeks with ‘97 “guts” still in the door before I swapped them back to the ‘91 stuff.
If you wanted to put the ‘95 doors on your ‘94, you could swap out the stuff to the back to the ‘94 style or just leave the ‘95 stuff in the door. If you swapping from manual to power, you’d have to run the wires for that. I changed out my power window regulators for manual ones, and just unplugged the power window harnesses.

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you look at the first picture below, you can see the power ‘91 door. In the second picture you can see the ‘97 door with the newer style door handle and manual regulator. What I ended doing was swapping out the inner door panel and handle and lock rod out of the ‘91 door and then replaced the power window regulators with ‘88 - ‘94 style manual regulators (‘95 - ‘00 ones are different).
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you bought a '95 model for a parts truck to swap interior items into a '94, you've got a long road ahead of you. To do it well, a job that you'll look at and be proud of, you need to swap -everything- and that Suburban parts truck will leave you lacking a few parts that won't match what you'll need for a regular cab, particularly the B pillar plastics.

Might want to re-evaluate what your goals and needs are with the '94 and maybe we can give better advice.

If you're literally just using the '95 doors because the sheetmetal is in better condition, yes, you can easily swap the door module (some call it "door card" - the black sheetmetal inner panel that holds the window regulator/lock actuator) between the shells so that your existing '94 upholstery panels still fit, and no need to change any wiring at that point as it's part of the door module assembly.

Richard