removing the jack box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wantz87

Reaction score
hey, im trying to remove the underseat jack box in my 98 ecsb. has anybody been able to do this without breaking the plastic? im trying to keep it intact in case i decide to reinstall it later or if i wish to sell it.... i got it out minus the long stud. but i cant find a socket long enough or a wrench with enough offset to get in there.... please any help would be appreciated

wantz87

Reaction score
how would i go about doing that? there is a bonded heat shield over the whole area that the stud would be coming out. if it was bolted on there i could move it, but it appears to be welded on or similar.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Break the plastic/cut it/cut the stud.. if you actually ever want to put it back, just use a self tapper or 2 to put it back in.. the next guy will thank you.
just my .02

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Here's some diagrams for ya.
Find one that looks like yours (I've never been inside an extended cab)

You must be registered for see images attach

I hope these help!

wantz87

Reaction score
sweet, thanks truckin, the first one looks like its the ticket... where did you find these diagrams? and by any chance did it say if the stud (#10) is threaded into a loose or welded nut or hopefully just straight into the cab?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I alway's use a pair of vice grip's on the long stud, just below the thread's, I have removed at least 10 of those and never had to break one.