Removing Just the Chrome Strip on Body Molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was there a thread or instruction on removing just the chrome strip on the body molding? I feel like I saw one but can't find it. I do not want to remove the molding, just the worn our chrome strips on them but can't do it!

Thanks

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took a dremel with a wire wheel to mine and textured it. Came out nice

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took a dremel with a wire wheel to mine and textured it. Came out nice

Now that has me intrigued! My "chrome" is pretty much in pieces so it is just the plastic cover or whatever it is. Do you have a picture? I'm trying to go the least expensive route on this but don't want to remove the trim. Spraying it seems like the way to go, but if I can just dremel it, I'd definitely consider that!

JB

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I'm really interested in seeing how you used the dremel on the molding too. :Whoa:

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now that has me intrigued! My "chrome" is pretty much in pieces so it is just the plastic cover or whatever it is. Do you have a picture? I'm trying to go the least expensive route on this but don't want to remove the trim. Spraying it seems like the way to go, but if I can just dremel it, I'd definitely consider that!

JB

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wow, doesn't look too bad, gives it a more textured look.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, that looks way better than my decaying pieces! I'll try an area to see how mine turns out in a couple weeks.

Thanks!