Reinforce dashboard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m assuming a mount point broke. I can move the dash up and down a bit on the drivers side. Any points under there I can get too to get it solid again?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I kind of did that to mine, but I put my clips into the the pocket where the screw is, and not on top of the dash. I also have a dash mat, and it looks good, but my dash is still slowly but shorly falling apart. Every now and then I find a small peice of plastic on the floor that came from my dash. I keep saying that I will build one from aluminum. I guss one day I will have to.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OH BOY, I haven't had the dash mat off in 4 years. That looooong rutted ass road on my hunting trip really did a job on the dash. It's split and cracked everywhere. Those ghetto brackets did work to get it solid again though. Thanks again guys

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Good deal that those brackets worked for your dash. Would you be able to post a pic of your dash? If not, no worries. :)

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both of my dashes are still in pretty good shape, but I run those reinforcement brackets from LMC just as a precaution. They seem to distribute the load a lot better than just the factory screws.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
@kennythewelder how do you like that dash mat? Do you think it is worth the money? Thought about getting one for my truck sometime in the future.