Dashboard Solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotcorner

Reaction score
I recently bought a 99 Tahoe 2door with a bad dashboard under a previously installed dash skin. Turned out that there was a huge part of the top gone, including the part where upper bezel clips go into above the gauges. Dash skin wasn’t screwed into the firewall under the windshield either.

I partially peeled up the dash skin and fabricated a brace that spanned from the firewall screw holes to the bezel and fixed my jiggly dash and slipping bezel. I used aluminum angle and thicker aluminum strap. I had to pinch down the bezel clips to fit in the smaller holes in the aluminum angle piece.

I re-glued the dash skin with silicone caulk including to the aluminum brace.

Worked well and WAY easier and cheaper than replacing the dash.

Attachments

• IMG_2634.jpeg
    IMG_2634.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I recently bought a 99 Tahoe 2door with a bad dashboard under a previously installed dash skin. Turned out that there was a huge part of the top gone, including the part where upper bezel clips go into above the gauges. Dash skin wasn’t screwed into the firewall under the windshield either.

I partially peeled up the dash skin and fabricated a brace that spanned from the firewall screw holes to the bezel and fixed my jiggly dash and slipping bezel. I used aluminum angle and thicker aluminum strap. I had to pinch down the bezel clips to fit in the smaller holes in the aluminum angle piece.

I re-glued the dash skin with silicone caulk including to the aluminum brace.

Worked well and WAY easier and cheaper than replacing the dash.
Good idea, I might do that on my trucks.