Reinforce dashboard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@kennythewelder how do you like that dash mat? Do you think it is worth the money? Thought about getting one for my truck sometime in the future.
I like it a lot. There inexpensive too. Like $35 maybe. I ordered mine @ Autozine few years ago. I have a few small cracks in the dash, and the mat hids that, but also keeps the sun off my dash. IMO thats got to help.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This guy is good, he just used some brackets to hold his dash up:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I hope I understood your question right.
LMC sells these premade and powdercoated so they look a little better.. something like $12-$15. I bought mine probably 5-6 years ago and they really helped. I still have the center crack that is slowly creeping. Have considered taking out the dash again, reinforcing it and refinishing it again. Then hoping for the best. I just really dont feel like yanking the dash again (even though its not that hard to so) I swapped a 99 burb dash into my 91. The stock dash came out in 15+ pieces, it was gone. I had attempted to repair it once and my fiberglass failed with a sudden temperature change in the dead of winter a week after installing it. I decided then to source a newer dash that was in better shape... ultimately I would LOVE to do a nbs dash as they have the inner skeleton and none of the stress cracking issues we have on the tops of our dashes

twt63

Reaction score
LMC sells these premade and powdercoated so they look a little better.. something like $12-$15. I bought mine probably 5-6 years ago and they really helped. I still have the center crack that is slowly creeping. Have considered taking out the dash again, reinforcing it and refinishing it again. Then hoping for the best. I just really dont feel like yanking the dash again (even though its not that hard to so) I swapped a 99 burb dash into my 91. The stock dash came out in 15+ pieces, it was gone. I had attempted to repair it once and my fiberglass failed with a sudden temperature change in the dead of winter a week after installing it. I decided then to source a newer dash that was in better shape... ultimately I would LOVE to do a nbs dash as they have the inner skeleton and none of the stress cracking issues we have on the tops of our dashes

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Oh wow, that is a lot cleaner looking than just the average bracket.

And yes NBS means New Body Style as said by @kennythewelder, which was from 99-06 or 07 if you count the classic model.