Reinforce dashboard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve352

Reaction score
Oh wow, that is a lot cleaner looking than just the average bracket.

And yes NBS means New Body Style as said by @kennythewelder, which was from 99-06 or 07 if you count the classic model.

I have a 2000 K3500.... I am so confused at what my interior falls under.
You must be registered for see images attach

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 2000 K3500.... I am so confused at what my interior falls under.

yours is just the 98 style dash.. but you got the convenient pocket rather than an airbag

Steve352

Reaction score
your saying the top part of your dash needs to be replaced? more so than just a few cracks?

It has cracks, which I would just put a cover over, but I’m wanting to install this, but the dash is cracked where one of the snaps that holds the bezel so it is a little loose. Trying to make a plan.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has cracks, which I would just put a cover over, but I’m wanting to install this, but the dash is cracked where one of the snaps that holds the bezel so it is a little loose. Trying to make a plan.
its very hard to reinforce those sections where the bezel snaps into the dash itself. Not a real good way to do it honestly. Ive seen people jimmy up a hook setup that grabs the dash when inserted close, you end up having a good bit of fiberglass reinforcement still as the hooks need to be secure to the bezel. But that is the bezel for your truck as well, so other than the clip issue you're having, it would work just fine.

on a side note.. I just remembered Alpine makes a big screen single din that fits really well also.. let me look that up for you real quick.

Steve352

Reaction score
I already have the double din dash, the double din, the speakers, the back up camera.. lol

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already have the double din dash, the double din, the speakers, the back up camera.. lol
ahh.. you said you were wanting to bu had some cracking.. thought you were holding off on the purchase until you figured out a solution.. my bad. LOL

Steve352

Reaction score
ahh.. you said you were wanting to bu had some cracking.. thought you were holding off on the purchase until you figured out a solution.. my bad. LOL

lol, sorry for being misleading.. I am looking for a solution though!