Rebuilt motor, oil from spark plug hole..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
For those of you that have been following this and helping me out, I primed the motor today and had oil come out of cylinder 1.

Also** cylinder 7 spark plug hole is stripped and my spark plug is spinning. On top of this motor missing the cam plug, the plug above the cam plug, and my oil plug. $3300 this guy got me for.
What an *******. Take this **** to small claims court and make the ****** pay so he doesnt do that to somebody else.
Spend 300 bucks on a lawyer just because you will feell a whole lot better about yourself by giving this worthless **** the finger.
An attorney is a little bit different than a doctor.
A lawyer stands between you and your anger and tells you too shut the **** up

Jimbo2312

Reaction score
That’s why I brought the cops there when I went to pick it up, to make sure that didn’t happen. Guy is a goblin. Ron Nesbitt in Cascade, Idaho. He claims to have a warranty on his stuff, then when I went to his house to get that last freeze plug (that he forgot) he said “loose my number” . If he was my age and not 70 I’d love to go a few rounds with him.

I’ve got a lot of money in this motor and my truck, do you guys think this motor is salvageable? I’m not afraid to pull it out again, just ****** me off because I don’t know what all I paid for. Im sure he won’t honor this warranty and I don’t have it in writing.

Jimbo2312

Reaction score
What an *******. Take this **** to small claims court and make the ****** pay so he doesnt do that to somebody else.
Spend 300 bucks on a lawyer just because you will feell a whole lot better about yourself by giving this worthless **** the finger.
Thanks man, that’s what my friend that’s letting me use his plane hanger said too

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I rather hand a baseball bat to a crackhead and promise him a $40 rock after he blows his knee caps out. What time does he get off work? lol

Jimbo2312

Reaction score
So I’m going to confront this guy today, he’s dodging my calls. If I do decide to crack this open myself, would you guys start from scratch? New gasket kit, measure all the pistons for .30 over, piston rings, torque values, etc?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I, if I was in your place, pull it out. Pull the heads to fix and check all threaded areas. Check all springs valves retainers, verify all are correct and complete.
Then start with engine block. New parts? Go - nogo. Pull and check pistons. Check bearing clearances. Cylinder bores condition? Cam and so forth.
A very thorough check and inspection. Photos and notes, witnessed for your court date to recover your loss.
The legal system loves notes, photos, video. It will really help, sway into your favor. Good luck, at least get even.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. I'd go all the way down to an empty block. Make sure all the block plugs are in place. If you can video the teardown, you can show when you find anything left loose or left out as it's discovered. You'll need new head gaskets, but pretty much everything else can be reused if it's not damaged.

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez. With all that, there's no way to be sure but to 100% disassemble and check.

The good news is you can go to small claims court without an attorney, and expect to win. I would have a certified (State or ASE) mechanic inspect and report, so you have meaningful evidence in court. I've done it a few times, it costs little and is a lot easier than it sounds. Particularly when it's this bad and obvious, Judges are sympathetic.