REBUILD OR REPLACE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Should I rebuild or replace my vortec 350, it has 150,000 miles and doesn't burn oil. I want to do some performance upgrade to it but will not if I am going to rebuild or replace. I am planing to cam it and upgrade the intake.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That engine still has a lot of life in it. I would just leave it alone and build an engine over time so when the engine does go you can be back up and running in little to no time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So it should be alright to put a light cam in it and it will be ok and not a waist of money to upgrade spider and add vmax throttle body spacer.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it doesn't burn oil, smoke, low oil pressure you should be fine

Blasphemy

Reaction score
I guess it largely depends on your budget. I just pulled my 350 out this weekend and now have my 6.0 LQ9 sitting pretty in its place. Doing the swap is pretty intimidating but also pretty exciting. It took a lot of research on multiple forums to come to the conclusion that I needed to upgrade to the LS world. If you don't want to spend a bunch of money, then stick with the old Vortec motor and throw a cam and tune at it. If you're looking to experience true power potential, spend the money, get a 6.0L, and throw an LS2 cam and intake on it with some long tube headers. If you're planning on building something with boost go with the 5.3 but if it's just going to be n/a than there's no replacement for displacement. I'm not even finished with my swap but I was extremely happy to pull that old gutless grease bomb out of my truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jlcms2007

Reaction score
I got 298k on mine finna put Holley stealth ram on it. Gonna save my money for 383 and 411 pcm swap