Rear end bottoming out help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STATIK_LOW

Reaction score
It’s gonna be extremely difficult to ride right on a 4dr. Tahoe being dropped on static I’ve been told 5.5 inches is the lowest you can go before opening up a big can of worms..it’s difficult to get it right because the Tahoe’s have a cross member that also doubles as a shock mount and it’s also exactly where your Notch would go on the passenger side..I avoided all this trouble on my 95 4 door Tahoe by just doing a step notch and custom shock relocation..going 6 inches or lower is also gonna require you to notch a couple of crossmembers for the driveshaft or it’ll rub and tear stuff up in a hurry..also there’s the fuel neck filler hose that’s gonna hit your rear end or atleast it did on my 95 not sure what the tanks look like on the 99’s..I’m running belltech street performance shocks off a 07 & up Silverado that were relocated straight up and down from my diff to the cross bar on my step notch I bought these because the extended and collapsed length were what I need for the suspension travel I have..I have the same wheel setup you have and I’m in the process of tubbing the rear because the factory rear tubs will rub on the 11” wide wheel...in Short here’s my advice: buy shocks according to they’re travel not necessarily on application (as long as they have an eyelet you can run a T-Bar through) Tahoe’s have limited aftermarket stuff on drops, don’t be scared to fab up shock extenders for your truck..it’s perfectly fine to run with a longer shock extender than what they sell..I’ve taken a regular Belltech shock extender and modified it to be 2 inches longer than it already was soo that might help..and make sure to run a check on those crossmembers to see if they’ve been touching your driveshaft at any point..last but not least buy new leaf spring packs if you just have a flip kit and it went lower than 6 inches you might just have wore out leafs..remember Tahoe’s are heavier in the back than a pickup bed would be so it’s perfectly normal to have slightly wore out leafs..hope maybe some of this solves your issues feel free to get at me ive ran into almost every issue there is on lowering trucks and as of lately a static dropped Tahoe specifically
You must be registered for see images attach