Need measurements for Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all been a long time since I've gotten time to look into my hobby and truck but I am need of help.
97 454 4 Door Dually Long bed.

In the future I plan to drop my truck. Probably using a 5/7 DJM kit while maybe long time later switching to air.. That's still up in the air. Anyway I need measurements to check what the hell is bent in my front end. I can't get a alignment perfect but I can get damn near close but I am maxed out. (Forgive me for not being able to say what i maxed out its been almost 2 years since I've touched this topic and became apparent when my tire is straight up shredded on the inner passenger side).

Long story short truck was in a accident that the impact broke the Tie rod on the passenger side. Most shops I've taken it to for alignment just say "Somethings bent but we don't know but we will charge you (insert stupid amount here) to find it. So I would like some measurements for the A arms to front and rear of wheel well. (think that will tell me if something is wrong with the A arm. I am asking here because this will also tell me if the driver side took anything (the truck was hit from the passenger side but got "squished" into a curb which the driver side did not jump the curb but got smashed against). Any other measurements or better ones to check I would help tremendously.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Silly question but have the alignment knockouts been done? Only asking because you didn't mention them. Most alignment shops will jump straight to them if they can't get it in spec, but you never know. Sometimes they don't want to mess with it as it's a bit of added labor some customers may not want to pay for.

My old '92 C1500 took a hit in that area before I bought it, but it was hard enough that the evidence was pretty clear. It had a boneyard upper control arm (had the markings) and I found sketchy work like no cotter pin on the ball joint castle nut(!), and when I say hard hit, the firewall was smashed in on that side and it broke the HVAC box in the fresh air/recirculate flap area. I bring all this up to say that my truck was still able to be aligned normally and never saw any odd tire wear. Sure, no crash damage is equal, but that truck was clearly hurt bad.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hello all been a long time since I've gotten time to look into my hobby and truck but I am need of help.
97 454 4 Door Dually Long bed.

In the future I plan to drop my truck. Probably using a 5/7 DJM kit while maybe long time later switching to air.. That's still up in the air. Anyway I need measurements to check what the hell is bent in my front end. I can't get a alignment perfect but I can get damn near close but I am maxed out. (Forgive me for not being able to say what i maxed out its been almost 2 years since I've touched this topic and became apparent when my tire is straight up shredded on the inner passenger side).

Long story short truck was in a accident that the impact broke the Tie rod on the passenger side. Most shops I've taken it to for alignment just say "Somethings bent but we don't know but we will charge you (insert stupid amount here) to find it. So I would like some measurements for the A arms to front and rear of wheel well. (think that will tell me if something is wrong with the A arm. I am asking here because this will also tell me if the driver side took anything (the truck was hit from the passenger side but got "squished" into a curb which the driver side did not jump the curb but got smashed against). Any other measurements or better ones to check I would help tremendously.
Is your truck 2wd or 4x4? If it's a 2wd, I can get the measurements in the morning, off my '97 C3500 CCLB....

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
e, no crash damage is equa
I'll have to check the knock outs. Trucks been sitting for a while.
Is your truck 2wd or 4x4? If it's a 2wd, I can get the measurements in the morning, off my '97 C3500 CCLB....
2wd.

The idea behind the measurements is if its my A arms i can just buy new ones when I lower the truck do it all at once. Or if its the frame. Gotta find a donor or someone who can straighten it.