real low life headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It turns out that where I live I don't have to have egr for emissions after all. My build is going to be a weekend cruzier and more of a show(off [emoji51]) truck. So deleting egr will really clean up my enginebay. I'm layin frame and now that I don't have to get headers with egr there is more to choose from,but what makes and models have enough ground clearance?
All this is not for power or malfunction egr it's purely for looks. I understand that shortys will work but longtubes will look so much better [emoji41]

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think if you clocked the exhaust clamps correctly, you could fit long tubes. The problem is fitting your exhaust over the crossmember. I built a lowered crossmember.
View media item 32082
Ok. I actually never had headers before [emoji2962] and read that with bagged trucks there just a few long tubes thats going to work. Absolutly don't want anything below the framerails.
Can you please repost your gallery link, its missing a [ to work....

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a GMT400 media link, so I don't know why it's not working for you. I haven't had a problem with the board's pics.

Description: My long tubes exit in front of the crossmember, and I have 2.5" exhaust with catalytic converters. In order to keep from making exhaust bends to hug the floorboards I built a transmission crossmember that bolts to the bottom of the frame so the exhaust can go over it. If you made the bends to raise the exhaust and modified the stock crossmember to make it flatter, you could probably get away with long tubes and fit the cats and exhaust tubing over the crossmember. There's about a foot of distance between the headers' outlet flanges and the stock crossmember.

ShawnB

Reaction score
these are the Summit Brand shorty in Stainless...let me say this...get something else. there are about 4 plugs that you can barely get a wrench on to change. to some that isnt an issue, but servicing these rides should be enjoyable. i originally installed on the stand, dimpled a few areas to make it easier, but once installed...it didnt help as much as it seemed.

You must be registered for see images attach

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
these are the Summit Brand shorty in Stainless...let me say this...get something else. there are about 4 plugs that you can barely get a wrench on to change. to some that isnt an issue, but servicing these rides should be enjoyable. i originally installed on the stand, dimpled a few areas to make it easier, but once installed...it didnt help as much as it seemed.

You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks, noted.....but damn thats a nice motor [emoji122][emoji122][emoji41]