Rawhide and The Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Very happy to hear that!
You and me both! What we've had to spend on a rental car, would have been $$$ that could've been going to the transmission fund....
And of course our job decided to cut hours a couple of weeks ago, so it'll take more time to build up the budget.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well...the garage is saying that their transmission guy is quoting $7500 for the rebuild and replace. That sounds high to me, and I'm not entirely convinced the transmission is the problem. I think the hydro boost unit is going bad, because I can't see the transmission making the hissing sound in the dashboard. Now that could be causing a problem with the transmission....
Also, I know the front brakes are dragging a little, maybe that isn't helping.
Did you go in there wearing revealing clothing? Were you talking in a southern voice? Were you wearing high heels? I only ask these questions because that guy really wants to screw you!

Go find someone else.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Did you go in there wearing revealing clothing? Were you talking in a southern voice? Were you wearing high heels? I only ask these questions because that guy really wants to screw you!

Go find someone else.
Yup that's what I think too. They want to get my wallet and the truck as well as, I believe. I've been talking to several guys on here, and to my cousin who is a retired fleet mechanic (also ran his own shop for several years and recently went back to work at the O'Reilly's in the area where he retired to). I plan to look at the truck some more and see if I can get it to move. I want to get it to the parts house for a code scan, and to another shop in the area.
The consensus of opinion is that the booster they replaced is probably bad, but there's other issues too. I just want my truck fixed....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Update: finally got Rawhide to a new shop last week (next door to, and semi affiliated with, the collision repair shop where Burb is going next week). They have looked at the truck and feel like the primary issue is with the booster or its adjustment. I mentioned what I've heard on here that the rear brakes may be sticking, so they're going to look at them too. As long as I don't have to spend a ton of $$$ more on it, and it's ready by the time the Burb needs to go get fixed, I'll be happy. I know what this truck is capable of doing, by its specifications, and I want it to be able to do all that. Need it reliable!