Question about loose steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discontinued, even from Dorman. I've been keeping my eye out for one for under $100 from a reputable seller, and haven't found one yet. The shaft on Roscoe was garbage.
Tells you nothing about the torsion bar diameter. Your symptoms point towards a skinny torsion bar.

I was told it was discontinued when I bought mine. Later, a guy on this forum said it was not discontinued, but was out-of-stock due to "supply chain issues".

Sorry. Don't know what to say. It was a wonderful upgrade.
You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Will be special ordered for you" is Summit lingo for may or may never get it depending on what our distributor tells us when we place the order. There's no guarantee. Look up any well-known discontinued part on Summit, and that's what it will say. Some they can still get; some they cannot.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about the rag joint if it’s not worn. They don’t have play in them when they’re good.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Will be special ordered for you" is Summit lingo for may or may never get it depending on what our distributor tells us when we place the order. There's no guarantee. Look up any well-known discontinued part on Summit, and that's what it will say. Some they can still get; some they cannot.
Yeah, that was in the back of my mind. But it said that for another part I just messaged Summit about and the reply was that it was available. So, no guarantee’s, but I’d inquire if interested. I remember when this part came up in another thread @Schurkey was talking about and it definitely was available then. Not that long ago either. Just gotta dig!

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, that was in the back of my mind. But it said that for another part I just messaged Summit about and the reply was that it was available. So, no guarantee’s, but I’d inquire if interested. I remember when this part came up in another thread @Schurkey was talking about and it definitely was available then. Not that long ago either. Just gotta dig!
This is listed as discontinued as well. I just picked it up at Oreilly, ordered from an AC Delco warehouse.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This harness is also listed as discontinued for a 2016 year model vehicle. Picked it up on Ebay from a reseller for less than half what the GM dealers had it listed for online.

I have also found many other NEW GM NOS things like new headlights, new front turn signals, new front side marker lights, new front reflectors from various wholesalers on Ebay for a fraction of what they cost when GM had them. Also scored new in the plastic wrapper service manuals for my 97 van for $48 shipped. Its almost like these big resalers buy GM stuff for pennies on the dollar when GM wants the parts to become obselete.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This harness is also listed as discontinued for a 2016 year model vehicle. Picked it up on Ebay from a reseller for less than half what the GM dealers had it listed for online.

I have also found many other NEW GM NOS things like new headlights, new front turn signals, new front side marker lights, new front reflectors from various wholesalers on Ebay for a fraction of what they cost when GM had them. Its almost like these big resalers buy GM stuff for pennies on the dollar when GM wants the parts to become obselete.
I’m always looking at NOS to avoid CCP.