Preserving a plastic dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy Frantz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys use on your dashboards to preserve them and protect them from the sun? Armor All, etc.?

Thanks!!

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
For me...keep in the garage, use a sun shade when out, never take the dash apart unless absolutely necessary.

Tommy Frantz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using 303 Aerospace Protectant for a few years now. I like it, seems to work well and doesn't make everything feel greasy as long as you don't go overboard on it.
Can you buy it at an auto parts store?

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When i first got my truck in '93, I washed it every Sunday for about 3 years (I was in high school...). Used copious amounts of Armor All every week because that's what i had back then. From 1996 until about 2016 the truck sat outside in the Texas and California sun while being used as a backup vehicle. When I got around to cleaning it up and making it my daily in 2016, the dash was still in great condition. A little faded, but not a single crack. I owe it to the Armor All, but now I use the 303 Protectant when I detail.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
303 is awesome. I have a cheap dash mat and sun shade. One of these days I'll tint the windshield

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Best bet is definitely keeping the sun off of it the best you can, I'm not too fond of armor all because if you get too much on it then it will definitely fry the dash. My old dash was completely bubbled up where it was essentially baked in the sun from the previous owner. Don't use anything solvent based, use water based stuff; it's not as harsh on the plastic.

If you feel like spending $100 you could get a dash skin. it covers everything except the speaker grilles and blends very nicely.

You must be registered for see images attach