Best plastic dash protectant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess t

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to replacing the broken up dash in my 92 Silverado. I used a nice original. Whew!! that was a job. Anyway, I would like to treat it with something that would help protect and preserve it. I have used "Armor All" in the distant past, Is there a newer product that would work better? jess in ky

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their preference, like engine oil.

I used Meguiar's Professional Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner (#40) on my other vehicles, but they had newer dashboards. Better materials.

I will probably go with 303 Aerospace Protectant for this dashboard.

More importantly, use a sunshade.

Dokken10

Reaction score
Everyone has their preference, like engine oil.

I used Meguiar's Professional Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner (#40) on my other vehicles, but they had newer dashboards. Better materials.

I will probably go with 303 Aerospace Protectant for this dashboard.

More importantly, use a sunshade.
Unless its a 07-13 GM truck dash. Lawsuits, web pages, articles etc about those dashes cracking. Very hard to find one that is not cracked. You can buy a new one but it is exactly the same. No changes. Best to just install a Dashskin and live with it.

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use leather perfect leather conditioner. 8 Gmt 400's no cracks, yes no cracks.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When my parents bought the K2500, I gave them one of those fitted dash covers, in the light grey. Living in the central Calif hot sun, to this day it looks almost new.
Some products, are once you start treatment you have to be regular about maintaining it. Just a thought.