Pre 94 Dash Removal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1badgmc who did your step shaver kit I absolutely love it

I've got a good bodyman who has done all my paint & body work over the years. I don't have the patience. He didn't want to talk to me for a while after all that 'glass work. He's over it now, though. :kiss:

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya man it looks sick but Im thinking to get her done would be costly I may just stick with the shaved roll pan I love your truck by the way Im gonna print off a picture and show it to my truck so she knows the good is coming lol

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My out of pocket was relatively small for the amount of money that's in the paint and bodywork. I had paid about $1500 the first time I had the steps shaved and the truck painted in '98. The shaving was done by one of the other guys in the shop and they weren't holding up all that well. I got rear ended in July of '99. I got a nice insurance check out of that. Reworking the step shavers wasn't billed since he was going to fix that for me anyhow. I went and had the full color change done then as well as shaving the taillights. I spent time up at the shop helping with tearing it apart and putting it back together, so in the end, I was only out $400 on that trip. An accident in June of '01 bought the Escalade clip. I paid out an extra grand for that.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats sweet man its ****** having the accidents but at least you turned it around and everything worked out for the better

xJLdep

Reaction score
Hey guys! Awesome info and insight! But I gotta know- What kinda trouble is it to get the VIN tag swapped out so that I remain DMV legal? I gotta sweet deal on a 94 GMC extended cab but I wanted a CREW cab... cut to me two weeks later haggling over the price of a junked 98 3500 crew cab... I know its gonna be work, and an excellent opportunity to super detail the heck out of the crew cab... I just wanna know if its gonna be HELL to install the correct VIN tag onto the new crew cab body shell...help? -Steve

xJLdep

Reaction score
I have the title for the crew cab, but its newer and has different emissions than the older 94. Im asking how hard or how much has to be UNdone to swap out everything to maintain the 94 VIN with the newer cab. Im essentially REbodying the vehicle with the style I prefer. How does one do this for crash repairs? Im not trying to deceive or create an inllegal vehicle...just trying to keep it simple.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your gunna put a crew cab on an ext cab frame?

xJLdep

Reaction score
yep! crew cab on extended cab frame. I measured it... the bed will be 12 inches shorter and i will have a bigger cab area. im trying to avoid dropping out the windshield. im not trying to fool anyone. just trying to keep it legal...

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapping vin #'s is illegal so there is no way to be legal with what you want to do