Factory console lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swapped a power chair into my old 95,. i,m not sure what year it came from (98?) it has a writing pad lid on it that flips up,. the padding around it is non existent, so i would like to re pad it,.. Can anyone tell me how to take the lid apart? it looks like the hinge pin is sealed in there,.?
Or if anyone knows of a slip on padded top available?
Thanks

11bravo

Reaction score
Phan, I don't know how to remove it, but slip on covers are all over Ebay. If you look for it by the size, you will likely get some hits...like "10 x 7 console pad". I know they are on there for the humongous Ford lid, Subaru, Porsche, etc. I'm sure you can find one.

Good luck.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phan, I don't know how to remove it, but slip on covers are all over Ebay. If you look for it by the size, you will likely get some hits...like "10 x 7 console pad". I know they are on there for the humongous Ford lid, Subaru, Porsche, etc. I'm sure you can find one.

Good luck.
Thankyou,. never thought of a slipover,.