Power Torque Reman Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Velocity502

Reaction score
So I was looking on O'reillys website at some of their remanufactured stuff and came across a long block by PowerTorque. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and if they're worth the money. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Guess: "PowerTorque" does not reman engines. There's no PowerTorque building, no PowerTorque machine shop, no employees boring blocks. O'Reillys buys from some other supplier--perhaps multiple suppliers--and then slaps their sticker on the crate.

Mass-market, production-line reman/rebuilt engines have been popular for decades. They're generally built to the lowest-practical price point, and often built with loose tolerances and "generous" clearance. (i.e., built half worn-out.)

They're "perfect" for vehicles you're planning to sell soon. They become Someone Else's Problem. Grandma would do OK with one--low mileage per year, no performance expectations other than it runs.

Velocity502

Reaction score
First Guess: "PowerTorque" does not reman engines. There's no PowerTorque building, no PowerTorque machine shop, no employees boring blocks. O'Reillys buys from some other supplier--perhaps multiple suppliers--and then slaps their sticker on the crate.

Mass-market, production-line reman/rebuilt engines have been popular for decades. They're generally built to the lowest-practical price point, and often built with loose tolerances and "generous" clearance. (i.e., built half worn-out.)

They're "perfect" for vehicles you're planning to sell soon. They become Someone Else's Problem. Grandma would do OK with one--low mileage per year, no performance expectations other than it runs.
Yeah, it'd be put in a vehicle I plan on driving pretty often. Unfortunately people who have bought similar stuff haven't had the best luck. So I might just steer clear