power locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the driver side button wont lock or unlock, no clicks or anything, the passenger side will only lock. the key fob for the remote start will start the truck but only unlock, when i push the unlock button the lights flash as normal but dont unlock. i unhooked the battery and ckecked the fuses for the hell of it and no change as expected. im thinking the brain box for the remote start in messed up. any ideas?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
id say try taken maybe a different button? take the cover off and just put the window switch on it and see what happens (they are the same switch) ... im guessing your truck is around 90-93 being a 454ss?

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
forgot to include that, sorry its a 97 k3500. i thought about that but the the problem just started tonight with both switches at the same time so i thought it wouldnt be likely that they both crapped out at the same time. i used the passenger side switch yesterday and the driver side this morning.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I would still try a new switch if you have a buddy with the same truck that has working locks try his/her switch out of their truck. Is this a factory remote start/keyless entry?

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Factory keyless entry trucks and four doors have a relay above the gas pedal. They use a positive pulse from an aftermarket device to trigger lock/unlock.

Non-keyless 2 doors (Ext Cabs too) use reversing polarity to control the lock/unlock. All of the switching is done in the switch and does away with the need for a relay (cheaper on assembly line). More than 2 doors need a relay to control them. Most aftermarket security devices provide either a negative output or have built in relays. If the device provides a negative output, then this needs to be converted to reverse polarity. Usually this is done with relays. You could have a defective relay or a bad connection at the relay. When wiring a reverse polarity door lock system, the door lock wires need cut and the relay wired between the left/right side. One broken wire can cause what you are seeing.

Post the brand/model of remote starter and I can give you a better idea of where to look.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
relay under dash was partialy unconnected got it workin. thanks for the tips.