Power locks not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cowboysteve91

Reaction score
So I too have this issue with 1 of my trucks I ironically tore the whole dash apart looking for a relay that wasn't even there I swapped out fuses I looked for broken wires quite literally I don't get power at the actuater so I'm very frustrated

Reaction score
I have something of the same problem I recently replaced both my passenger and driver doors but used old wiring harness and now no power locks I've checked the fuses replace the relay and even checked wires but nothing is fixing it any idea what's wrong the old doors didn't have working power locks

Dyldog

Reaction score
Uh, the power locks run through one of the silver circuit breakers in the cab fuse panel, not the fuses...
I've been following a few of these threads trying to get my door locks to work, also has a battery draw. The bottom silver circuit breaker burnt the hell outta me now I just don't know where to go from here. I feel like a fuse should have blown or something with there being a short?
Any advice on what to do next or what to check?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Well that circuit breaker is fed power from a 50 amp fuse under the hood, Maxi Fuse 7. The circuit breaker is only rated for 20-30A depending on model, so it can overheat/break the circuit without actually popping the fuse. If it's getting hot, that means there's very possibly a dead short in one of the things that circuit breaker serves, and the breaker being hot is that circuit still drawing current through the circuit breaker's resistance circuit, keeping it heated and the main breaker contact from re-engaging. Your problem is likely to be in one of the wires going to the modules and switches, here's a power distribution diagram specifically showing the circuit breaker and its destinations.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dyldog

Reaction score
Well that circuit breaker is fed power from a 50 amp fuse under the hood, Maxi Fuse 7. The circuit breaker is only rated for 20-30A depending on model, so it can overheat/break the circuit without actually popping the fuse. If it's getting hot, that means there's very possibly a dead short in one of the things that circuit breaker serves, and the breaker being hot is that circuit still drawing current through the circuit breaker's resistance circuit, keeping it heated and the main breaker contact from re-engaging. Your problem is likely to be in one of the wires going to the modules and switches, here's a power distribution diagram specifically showing the circuit breaker and its destinations.

Sorry I'm not too good with troubleshooting but I unplugged the 4 relays behind the glovebox, the radio relay and brake light relay trying to isolate the problem and when I plug back in the circuit breaker it sparks alot and still gets hot. Does that eliminate anything from being a problem? Or do I need to check all the wiring behind the dacs for a short?

Deancr11

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say you have a problem that could turn into a nightmare. But definitely a dead ground short

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not too good with troubleshooting but I unplugged the 4 relays behind the glovebox, the radio relay and brake light relay trying to isolate the problem and when I plug back in the circuit breaker it sparks alot and still gets hot. Does that eliminate anything from being a problem? Or do I need to check all the wiring behind the dacs for a short?
Wait, four relays, you have a 93-94. That's different.

Power seat, locks, defog switch. My money is on a pinched wire in the boot between the door and the body.