1999 K1500 Keyless Entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KennyBoi99

Reaction score
So I have a 1999 Chevy K1500 suburban with the keyless entry. I got new key fobs and reprogrammed them. They worked for a couple days I put a wire between pins 4 and 8 to enter programming mode, I held the lock and unlock buttons. It moved the lock actuators from unlocked to lock back to unlocked as if it programmed successfully. But as soon as I try using the key fob I get no response from anything. But when I try to use the door lock switches they work like a charm. So is that a key fob issue or a Remote Function Actuation Module issue?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you follow the remote learn reset in service manual ? And are they the correct frequency?

KennyBoi99

Reaction score
I'd have to check the frequencies to make sure but they worked for a few days so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is out of the 98 OE service manual. I don't have have the 99, but try this . Let me know if it works , so I can confirm for others query. :waytogo:
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since there new, it may not recognize a resychonazation. Did you try the reprogram procedure also?
The receiver module is either above your right knee in the center behind dash. Or in behind panel outside of park brake pedal, left leg , left of ankle, little smaller than pop tart box.
At least I know that's through 98.
And you do have the option code " AU0 " , Alpha Uniform Zero, in the RPO codes, must it kinda worked before right?

KennyBoi99

Reaction score
Yeah the new remote worked for a few days. I grounded the 4 and 8 pins to set it up and got it working. Just stopped working randomly is my issue

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you disconnect the battery for 30 minutes would the receiver loose remote memory. Start fresh? I don't know.