Keyless entry will not go into program mode.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't read half of my sticker in the glove box. So not certain if their was a factory keyless entry option. Am certain that when I got it, it had keyless with what looked like a factory remote
All good. The blinking red light sealed the deal!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya. Got everything pulled out and multiple scotch locks. I was certain I had keyless entry with a remote that looked factory. But its looking otherwise. Would programming a new remote still be same procedure or would the aftermarket security change that?
Probably not the same. They’re (programming sequence) different between brands. You’ll have to Google the model number on the module for directions. Factory key fob most likely won’t program to the aftermarket system. Not that I’ve seen anyhow.

chevyevery10

Reaction score
MIGHT be something like “ -hold valet button- turn ignition on and off 3x- release valet- turn ignition on- press lock- “ you get the idea. It’s typically a big song and dance
That's what I figured. I held the button and it will honk after 5 seconds then honk twice after another 5 seconds. The module looks like it's in the back by the steering column where the factory one would be and I have the pass lock anti theft so just seems weird they put an aftermarket system in it too. Thanks for the help.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The RPO codes are in alphabetical order first then numeric. So the AU0 will be the first line. You take a good close photo of the decal , up close. Then load it widows photo program any of them . Play with the colors, negative scale you can some the print readable.
The control module on mine is mounted about six behind the dash right above the steering column, has GM part numbers on it.
Extra led lights,valet switch, in wire inline fuses, definitely not OE.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969