Keyless entry not going into "Programming Mode"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brayswheels

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 1998 K1500 with factory keyless entry code AU0. It came with a Fob that no longer works... put a battery in and nothing still. Tried jumping pins 4 and 8 on my OBDII port with no luck, doesn't do anything. It's supposed to lock/unlock and then you hold lock and unlock at the same time and it will cycle through the locks to verify the remotes programmed.

I've checked fuses and even tried to find the RKE box under the dash with no luck. Anyone else run into this issue and what else can I try? Thanks!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Make sure the button contacts inside the remote are clean. They can get dirty and not make contact. They can also wear out.

You could also try this procedure:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I don't recall which one worked for my 99 GMT-400, just that the first procedure I tried didn't work.

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem My remote doesn't work. Does anyone know the key fob part number 1996 Chevy C1500 Silverado

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will check tomorrow, trucks been in paint for a month.
Ok I was gonna say if you happen to have those fuses , see if ones popped. Dont be surprised if you don't have those fuses. I'm not sure if it's a factory alarm that comes with the fuses or if there already in the bundle...

chevyevery10

Reaction score
Ok I was gonna say if you happen to have those fuses , see if ones popped. Dont be surprised if you don't have those fuses. I'm not sure if it's a factory alarm that comes with the fuses or if there already in the bundle...
I have the same issue and i also have those fuses. They look ok and still no response when jumping 4 and 8. Are those fuses aftermarket security?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same issue and i also have those fuses. They look ok and still no response when jumping 4 and 8. Are those fuses aftermarket security?
If you have the goodwrench module tucked under there then it's a factory part. In my case those fuses were for the alarm and I believe power lock. 1 had popped and I lost both power locks and alarm.