Keyless entry questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dk47

Reaction score
I have a 97 C1500 Silverado with factory keyless entry. I plan on buying a remote start system but have a couple of questions. The horn don't chirp on lock or unlock nor do the parking lights blink. The interior lights do come on when I unlock though.

I tried to connect 4 and 8 on the OBD2 and reset my fobs and they did reset but still made no difference.
Are the lights and horn something that worked from factory on these?
Any answers are very much appreciated.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1 press to unlock, 2 press within 5 seconds other door.
Exit truck 1 press to lock all doors, 2 press to confirm and horn chirps.
No chirp on unlock.
Service manual section 9K, Have read the owners manual, a lot of hidden info, is there but nobody bothers to read it.

Dk47

Reaction score
1 press to unlock, 2 press within 5 seconds other door.
Exit truck 1 press to lock all doors, 2 press to confirm and horn chirps.
No chirp on unlock.
Service manual section 9K, Have read the owners manual, a lot of hidden info, is there but nobody bothers to read it.
Thanks. I'm getting everything except the horn chirp for some reason.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No chirp on unlock, agreed?
Press lock once, " one Mississippi" , press lock again . No chirp?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 Tahoe, and I referenced the 98 truck service manual. I don't have 97 or 97 owners manual. Are you sure on a 97 you have horn chirp feature? My 95 does not, with keyless entry. Are you able to check your owners manual?

Dk47

Reaction score
I have a 98 Tahoe, and I referenced the 98 truck service manual. I don't have 97 or 97 owners manual. Are you sure on a 97 you have horn chirp feature? My 95 does not, with keyless entry. Are you able to check your owners manual?
I think I have it. I'll check it and get back

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 95 didn't chirp, my 98 does. None of the trucks flash the parking lights from the factory, I know the Esky and Denali do, not sure about the 99/00 Tahoes.