Poly bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my control arm bushings and leaf spring bushings are cracked and have seen better days, gonna do those along with the sway bar bushings, are the poly ones worth the extra cost?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are totally worth it, not really that much more than rubber....

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the sway bar and leaf springs they give you two different sizes they can be can you find that out by vin or you need to measure them?

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about poly body mount bushings, worth changing them out? make cab any quiter, ride smoother, etc.?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That I would call Energy Suspension about on the correct size.

I would not do poly body bushings or engine bushings, sunburnaz on FSC did that and it made it real stiff and more squeaks, the softer rubber is good for engine and body mounts

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
What about poly body mount bushings, worth changing them out? make cab any quiter, ride smoother, etc.?

I run them, check out my build thread. I highly recommend them because guaranteed your stock ones are junk. Its an excellent upgrade IMO. It rides nice, you may feel a little more than with super mushy crap rubber bushings that corrode really fast but its nothing you cant handle everyday. Expect to replace the hardware and do some rust repair/prevention on the mounting brackets because they will need it. especially 2 rear cab mounts.

You must be registered for see images attach

hope this helps, ask me any questions you have about them ill be glad to help.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I thought the black ones wouldn't squeak as much because they have impregnated graphite, but it doesn't make any difference. Mine squeak on bumps and what not but it doesn't bother me. The performance benefit out weighs the comfort/sound problems by a long shot.

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced the sway bar bushings with poly and they feel nice and tight. On the UCA I just swapped in a new Moog arm, my lowers still seemed fine.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have a black kit in my '97, red one in the '98. The black ones squeak. It's the ones in the leaf springs.
One thing I really like about the poly kit is the zerks on the sway bar bushings. Wish the kit had those on the leafs.
Order an extra tube of the lube. If you think that you have too much (way, way too much!) on the bushings, then that's enough!
Wear old clothes when doing this. The lube stains forever.
A synthetic grease must be used when doing a lube job after. If you use an oil change/lube Co., make sure to specify that. Some of those guys working there aren't exactly on an Einstien I.Q. level, so tell them like 3X! And because the kit adds (non-stock) grease zerks to the sway bars, I've had those monkeys miss them. Then before the next oil change, they will really start to squeak. Embarrassing on cruise night! Louder than the lumpy cammed, 3" exhausted BBC's! Can be heard across the parking lot.