Poll question, LS1 T56 swap or not.

Would you Swap it or Sell it?

• Swap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Fagan

Reaction score
Guys and gals I have a conundrum that I am hoping you can all help me with. We currently have a 4.3 v6 with a 5-speed transmission in our 1990 GMC and I have plans to swap it out. I bought a donor car for the engine and transmission swap, 1999 Camaro with an LS1 and a T56 six speed manual. My problem is I bought the car not knowing at the time of purchase that it was a police pursuit vehicle. I was excited about the deal I got, bought off an auction, and then soon realized this wasn't just a base Z28 Camaro. When I picked up the car I went right to the build tag and sure enough it was a B4C code car. My issue is I don't know if I should separate the heart and lungs of this Camaro knowing it is the original motor and transmission to the car and there were only 7 of them built like this one in 1999. Am I over thinking this? The car runs and drives and is in surprisingly good shape considering it has 212,000 miles on the clock. What would you do?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Looks pretty clean. If there's a chance you can resell it, and make money off of it, I'd go that route, then find another donor. Not that I would care if it's a former cop car or not, it just looks to be in good shape.
Otherwise, I never cared for that body style Camaro, so for me personally, it holds no significance.