Air cleaner assembly. Paint it or not?

Well?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this in the yard, of course. I was going to leave it as it to get that patina old school look.

Then, the Wife sees it and said Ewww you have to sandblast and paint that! It looks like $h1t on top of that shiny new engine.

Sigh.....

You must be registered for see images attach

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Listen to your wife.

:lol::lol::lol:

I usually do, believe it or not. I'm very lucky that she supports the automotive addiction hobby.

Ok, so my sandblaster is being temperamental lately. It's partially the humidity, partially the need for replacement parts.

Guess what. Harbor Freight (around here) doesn't sell the dead mans valve for blasting pots anymore. Yay :rolleyes:. So, I ordered one from Amazon and it should be here sometime tomorrow. Guess I'll be blasting away if the weather holds out.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ship that one to me. The maroon may look odd under the blue of my suburban, but i love that color.
GM Medium Garnet Red Metallic is the paint color if you’re wondering. I also like it. My intention was for it to match my interior, but it’s a little bit off.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Duplicolor low gloss black engine paint looks good on those. It's more of a satin black. Should match the valve covers.
They used to make a 30% black that had a nice low gloss finish, in duplicolor truck paint(the bigger spray can). We used it a lot for interior pieces, looked like the factory would've done.