Polish chrome bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IDK give it a try, and see what you get, then let us know. I do have some other metal polish in my collection of polishes, but I havent found anything that does whay white diamond does. That stuff is amazing.
Have you used it on chrome before? They did have it at the store but I wasn't sure if I needed to polish the chrome with something else and then finish with white diamond.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, but just as a finish polish. My chrome is in good shape. I just used it as a touch up. Its also good on plastic. I have used it on my stainless bracket that I made for my electric fans. It is very good at removing dullness. It is thin, and has a gritty feel. I just stepped outside and took these 2 pics. Its 9:00 PM here so its dark. IDK how much you can tell in the pics. The stainless still has fine scratches in it, but is not dull at all.
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have deep scratches in the chrome, IDK if they can be removed without messing up the chrome, but fine scratches should polish out. White Diamond is not going to remove deep scratches, but oxidarion is what white dimamond is very good at removing.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have deep scratches in the chrome, IDK if they can be removed without messing up the chrome, but fine scratches should polish out. White Diamond is not going to remove deep scratches, but oxidarion is what white dimamond is very good at removing.
This is pretty much what I am up against. I'm obviously not an expert so I'm not sure if that's oxidation or just small imperfections from road grit.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, but just as a finish polish. My chrome is in good shape. I just used it as a touch up. Its also good on plastic. I have used it on my stainless bracket that I made for my electric fans. It is very good at removing dullness. It is thin, and has a gritty feel. I just stepped outside and took these 2 pics. Its 9:00 PM here so its dark. IDK how much you can tell in the pics. The stainless still has fine scratches in it, but is not dull at all.
Looks really flashy, I like that. I'm assuming by your name that you welded it up yourself?

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks really flashy, I like that. I'm assuming by your name that you welded it up yourself?
Oh yea. I learned how to weld in 1979, so yea 40 years ago. Im 60. I spent 32 years working on offshore oil drilling rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Welded out there for 25 years. I got laid off in 2015. I wont go back out there. I worked in the salt mine for about 1 1/2. Then I have been welding at the machine shop for almost 3 years. I do a lot of TIG work now. Aluminum, steel, stainless, inconel, and monel. I also do a weld on hard surface coating. Its a good job. My welding booth has AC and heat.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also here's my bumper up close after the mag polish.
Thank you all for your help so far, I really appreciate it. Learning something new everyday.

Not too shabby!

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is pretty much what I am up against. I'm obviously not an expert so I'm not sure if that's oxidation or just small imperfections from road grit.

I saw the pock marks in the other pics but didn't look nearly that bad. Sand blasted from miles on the highway. Used to see a lot of this when I lived West Palm.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not too shabby!
Thanks! I appreciate your insight on the mag polish, if you didn't chime in I'd probably buff that thing until the chrome burn off! The new blue stuff worked better for sure, but I've noticed polishing chrome is nothing like the instant gratification of polishing aluminum, there's way more work in chrome. Kinda of hard to mess up aluminum.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw the pock marks in the other pics but didn't look nearly that bad. Sand blasted from miles on the highway. Used to see a lot of this when I lived West Palm.
Is there any good way to remedy this? Or should I just bolt it on as is?