Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Not a big update. That will come next week after I do the lower intake manifold gasket service and injectors etc etc etc.

But have kinda got into leatherwork recently. Made a pull strap for my bed cover out of some extra 10oz leather flank I had around. Did the stamping, beeline, rivets and hook of course.

Very simple/beginner project but thought you guys might appreciate.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had ever seen this before. Had intermittent wiper issues so ordered a new motor and pulse board. Was raining the other night and wipers were inop so on a whim decided to change the pulse board about 10 minutes before I had to be across town.

This is what I pulled out.

Looks like the motor lube is leaking out of the old motor and messed up my old board? New one went in and everything appears to work fine now.

Any alternatively explanations you guys can think of?

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Also that same day scored a decent little US General (Harbor Freight) cart/box for a hundred bucks! It isn't a snap on or nothing but they retail for about $300 in this configuration and it was like new.

Also also ordered up my boostauto tow mirrors and they should be here Wednesday evening. Went with the black with amber dotted led, with the running light and signal, and the high output reverse lights. Saved about $50 on their black Friday sale so had to bite the bullet. Exicted for those.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had ever seen this before. Had intermittent wiper issues so ordered a new motor and pulse board. Was raining the other night and wipers were inop so on a whim decided to change the pulse board about 10 minutes before I had to be across town.

This is what I pulled out.

Looks like the motor lube is leaking out of the old motor and messed up my old board? New one went in and everything appears to work fine now.

Any alternatively explanations you guys can think of?
Mine looked worse. The relay on mine melted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a RollNLock M-series with the aluminum/vinyl slats but is pretty decent.

I seriously need a new side rail top seal though. Does anyone know where and if they retail this seal?

A little more adjustment in the side rails widths and then mounting the tailgate latch and it should be looking about right.

Think i will re-dye the vinyl and seal it good as well while I'm at it.

This was the solution to be the best of both works for having an open bed when needed and closed/rain proof the rest of the time.

I used to rock caps/camper shells on my trucks but kinda wanted to try something different
Steele Rubber Products has hundreds of vehicle specific products and also a generic line of seals. Get in touch with them and tell them what your looking for. They will send you a catalog that will show you hundreds of seals available.They are in North Carolina. Phone # is (704) 483-9343. Website is steelerubber.com. Hope this helps. Love your truck.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Steele Rubber Products has hundreds of vehicle specific products and also a generic line of seals. Get in touch with them and tell them what your looking for. They will send you a catalog that will show you hundreds of seals available.They are in North Carolina. Phone # is (704) 483-9343. Website is steelerubber.com. Hope this helps. Love your truck.

Dude thanks for the reco! I ended up getting some thru RollNLock directly but they weren't cheap. I will have to check with steelrubber in the future as I see these definitely being a 3-4 year wear item.