Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
You've gone down a rabbit hole you will never recover from! I'm constantly looking for better ways to optimize space in the shop, that website is the devil...haha.

Pickup is looking good, thoughts on the tires, now that you've got some miles on them?

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
That's pretty ingenious with the the top jack stand slide like that. I might have to copy that. I might have to check out garagejournel.com then.

Do it. Both. One of my buddies has already copied the idea too. Its open source now. Also,, GJ will change your life. Some real talent there.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
You've gone down a rabbit hole you will never recover from! I'm constantly looking for better ways to optimize space in the shop, that website is the devil...haha.

Pickup is looking good, thoughts on the tires, now that you've got some miles on them?

No doubt. I have lurked there many years but really dug into some conceptual work on a future build I'm hoping to do in the next couple of years on some land.

Was cool finding and following your build there too. You've done some great work there.

As for the tires. I have about 1200 miles on them now maybe?

They are quiet all around, seem to do good in the rain, nice tread pattern, and they were CHEAP CHEAP.

With that said, they are soft. My alignment wasn't too far off from the lift after I adjusted them but they wore pretty badly in the few hundred miles I ran them without an new alignment. They are barely ok in the mud. They have strange dimples in the sidewalls that don't seem too sketchy but still odd.

In the end for as infrequently as I drive right now they were a good buy for $400 brand NOS.

But one of these days I will bite the bullet and spend the gran necessary for some good ATs.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Real good. I don't have a ton of time in the seat of a 3/4 ton truck but it reminds me very much if the ride in my friends 2018 RAM 2500hd Cummins.

The gmt400 is a bit more noisy from a cabin and sound deadening standpoint but as far as just road response and feel it is very comparable. I really have been loving it.
That’s great to hear! Where did you get your splash guards at? I really need some lol.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
So I finally got a hold of a part I've been looking for for some time. I did not want to spend 12-1500$ on a new unit, so I've been on the prowl for a retractable hard bed cover for my pickup.

Finally found a unit pretty close to me from a 2004 1500 extended cab with the 6.5' bed so I figured I could get it to work.

It was in only OK shape but for $180 bucks I thought it would try to make it work and refurbish it a little.

He repainted it and plasti-dipped a good portion of the parts but it was all complete. Kind of wish he had just left it rough and I would handle the paint work.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Its a RollNLock M-series with the aluminum/vinyl slats but is pretty decent.

I seriously need a new side rail top seal though. Does anyone know where and if they retail this seal?

A little more adjustment in the side rails widths and then mounting the tailgate latch and it should be looking about right.

Think i will re-dye the vinyl and seal it good as well while I'm at it.

This was the solution to be the best of both works for having an open bed when needed and closed/rain proof the rest of the time.

I used to rock caps/camper shells on my trucks but kinda wanted to try something different