Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Did you ever get the tailgate assist on?
@phatphuck

@93crewcab Yeah doot. A while back. Top 5 mods so far for sure.

Was not the most glamorous install maybe but it seems solid. It hasnt budged and its been on 4 months maybe. Just a bolt, some nylock nuts a spacer and mount up top mounted in a new hole in the tail light recess sheet metal

Bottom side utilizes the stock hole with a lil spacer.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Your fine, thats what i have too. How’s it drive and ride with the lift?

Real good. I don't have a ton of time in the seat of a 3/4 ton truck but it reminds me very much if the ride in my friends 2018 RAM 2500hd Cummins.

The gmt400 is a bit more noisy from a cabin and sound deadening standpoint but as far as just road response and feel it is very comparable. I really have been loving it.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
As far as other mods on the truck the last little while we have been busy camping and working and trying to enjoy the summer so not a lot of work on the truck.

Did get my inner fender splash guards on and alignment done, ac fixed and my buddy hooked me up with this badass cargo net for the bed.

I would upload a file of the tailgate assist in action but I can't upload videos to the site and embed and im too lazy/obstinate to do so on YouTube etc. But it works perfectly.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Also been spending some time on Garagejournal.com lately getting the shop brain poison.

So I've been trying to reorganize my garage space as I'm forced to do so much with so little space. So built another workbench to clear off my welding table some and organized my 6 ton jack stands to take up 1/6th of their previous floor space.

This is just a 2x4 on edge notched for the jack stand rams. They slide in the sides

Last edited: