Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
More.will have some silver bits and some black bits.

TB relocators and upper diff carrier bracket will remain silver as well. Swaybar will be black

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Lookin good. If you're like me on the dually, you'll proceed to ignore the rest of the frame now.

Haha I was just thinking this last night. What an undertaking? Damn! I think prep and shooting it cab-off would not be bad by comparison but doing it 90% assembled is a chore dude. But ill get it done. Probably in 2 more phases.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Also, I did not plan to do the spindles this time around. Theyre going to look like total dog **** going back in. Hurts my heart a little.

Last edited:

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Anyone have a good trick for getting the pittman arm off the steering gear without removing the steering gear?

My puller won't fit between it and the front subframe cradle... and I really don't want to pull the steering gear.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have a good trick for getting the pittman arm off the steering gear without removing the steering gear?

My puller won't fit between it and the front subframe cradle... and I really don't want to pull the steering gear.

Pull the steering gear. I've heard of guys using a BIG pry bar to work the pitman arm off, and I have no doubt damaging the output shaft seal and who knows what else in the steering gear. You are deep enough into the truck that pulling the steering gear, removing and installing a pitman arm ain't a really big deal. The biggest hassle can be disconnecting the steering shaft from the gear.

In your above photos the passenger inner fender is out, IF you have the drivers side inner fender removed it's even easier to get to the steering shaft (of course the drivers inner fender has a LOT more parts bolted to it).

Last edited: