Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
As for the progress today...

I have not taken this much of a beating in the garage in a very long time... all I managed to do is fill the diff with new oil. Break the axle snap ring.

Get the diff in only to see interference with some of the cooling fins. Take it out and grind down some more. Get it back in. Get the new one piece cradle in. Tap the two new front holes and mount to the stock 4 locations. Fenagle the damn thing around the diff only to realize it has more contact with the frame.

Finally have it in without rub, but it the drivers side axle flange is insanely close to the drivers side LCA frame pocket and mounting bolt dropped 4". Like an 1/8th or 3/16" close... concerned.

The passenger side clears by a mile. Not sure how else to "align" the diff when it has 4 contact points. Two of which (the driver side) have virtually no adjustment capability at all.

Anyone know how to confirm alignment of the front differential and adjust?

Needless to say spent 5 or 6 hours outside on it between the rain and simply got my ass kicked.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
So this project did not get finished in time for me to leave town for a business trip. So this is how it sits in the driveway... very nearly had it back together last Wednesday before I left. Was possibly 1.5 hours out of having it rolling, but went to mount driver side spindle and realize my dumb ass installed the ball joints upside down. ..

Not one of you punks told me! Hahaha

Needless to say that was a shining moment for me.

As it sat before I left. Hope to get it back together this weekend when I get home.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Still working through smaller items but some progress is being made.

Rear end is complete. 4" looks way high

Here is a picture of the output flange center support bushing flipped on the TB crossmember when moved back for the Reallift relocators.

Things I'm concerned about with this lift and things I'll be keeping an eye on.

- steering linkage and damper cycling and conflicts at various turn radii and suspension compression. Its all up in there cram city
- swaybar endings (I did not flip the sway bar like I think you're supposed to on the 6" ifs kits
- reallift tb relocator conflicts through the suspension cycle. Passenger side one is very close to lca bolt and mounting bracket.
- front diff alignment and cv's

Not convinced ill have any problems just things I've noted during the build.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Things I know I don't like about this lift for sure is the front subframe design and steering assist just eliminated my front jack point on the truck (ie the front crossmember).

And I'm not confident enough to use the rear front cross member to jack from as it is not fully boxed and no other ties except between the two lca mount locations on the truck frame. Do any of you RC guys use that one?

Where else is left to jack from on the front? The lca's??

Otherwise I like the fluting on the front part of the TC subframe bracket. Looks like an updated design.

Rear driveline angles look OK by eye.

Makes me want some new exhaust downpipe real bad...

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I hope it goes well for you. Definitely sitting up there. I'm old and lame, and generally lower them, lots easier to load things in the bed.

You have done some quality work, and I definitely approve of that! Your attention to detail is awesome.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Took the time and scrubbed down the front spindles and shot them with some lazy rust encapsulator rattle can for sake of time.

Look 10x better but sure it will all be gone in a month.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took the time and scrubbed down the front spindles and shot them with some lazy rust encapsulator rattle can for sake of time.

Look 10x better but sure it will all be gone in a month.

I love them red pinstripes !!