Please help! Idle issues now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Its been mentioned, but if I get as far as the coil pickup I think I'll just get a whole new dist.

Here's the key that I think I need to state again: This issue appeared after doing plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. I've since applied di-electric grease to ALL contacts, and it didn't help. And I don't see how one of those components being bad would cause a bad idle when it warms up, and even one of them being bad (like completely missing) wouldn't cause a stall, right?

The truck wasn't driven for over a week before I did the tune-up btw, so who knows, maybe something did decide to go bad?

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
if you still have all the original ****, replace them back to stock to which one fixes the issue,

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Trashed it all. Wires maybe? The cap and rotor are Accel, and the plugs are OEM AC-Delco's, but the wires are the cheapest Advance Auto Parts brand. Butt they have great reviews and are 8MM.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
just because they are new doesn't mean that can't be defective. i did a water pump the other day and it blew the front half of the water pump twice. i was like wtf. didn't do anytthing before but leak. so i replaced the fan, fan clutch, water pump seal and anything that was there. didn't do it again, so idk what the hell the issue was with it other then defect.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah I know. I guess if all the plugs are tight and the IAC valve looks good I'll order a set of wires...Bosch or AC Delco?

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I run autozone brand, but i would also run napa brand too. but AC delco yes. its something that is getting hot and not running well

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I run autozone brand, but i would also run napa brand too. but AC delco yes. its something that is getting hot and not running well

Yep, that's the basic gist of it...if its wires, beats me how it could be. We'll see.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It may not be your problem, but the Accel cap and rotor's that I have run in the past are absolute junk, anyway that's my experience!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use a part's store replacement, I just ask for a cap and rotor with brass terminals.