Please help! Idle issues now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just pulled my dizzy the other day to do an intake job and I forot to tell you before that you should pick up a distibutor wrench to get your dizzy out. Trying to loosen up the 15mm bolt with a small wrench is a major PITA if its really tight and the TB is still on the truck. A distibutor wrench should be in every one of our toolboxs. Here is a link to one. Just go to your local tool store and pick one up.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=tKDsTrj2IMjY0QHfvbzLCQ&ved=0CFsQ8wIwAQ#

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I made sure not to tighten it down to much after putting it all back together a couple weeks ago. I can get a wrench in there and turn it now.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just make sure it tight when you drive or the dizzy will rotate and throw the timing off and you will be chasing your tail trying to fix it again.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The original dist. hold down bolt should be 14mm or 9/16's depending on the year. I use a crow foot on an 8 in. extension and it work's great!