Passenger Airbag Switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoffmansHaven

Reaction score
Does anyone know what I can do with the passenger airbag switch? I know this has been discussed before but what about needing one and not being able to get it? I was able to take mine and stick it on enabled and then epoxy the entire thing together and put it in the dash where there isn't a light on and it looks the part but I would like to replace it some day. Has anyone come up with anything or are we just SOL with the 1997, 1998 trucks? I can't believe Dorman or some company doesn't make them!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you even look? 10 second Google search and endless supply.

HoffmansHaven

Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes, I spent way too much time and way too much money on this little endeavor! The part you have in your message above is the exact one I ordered from a seller on eBay for $20. It arrived and it doesn't fit the 1996, 1997, 1998 trucks and probably doesn't fit the 2500 and 3500 trucks from 1999 and 2000. Yes, I looked and looked and looked. The part I need is 15027105 and they are pretty much unobtanium unless someone has one in their garage or you can find one in a junk yard. I went to both of the junk yards near me and none were to be found. In fact all of the mid to late 90's trucks were picked clean. I did see a couple of the one I need on eBay but I am not going to spend $50 or more on one unless it's in perfect condition. I might be selling this truck late next summer so I am not in a hurry to spend big bucks on it. Especially with everything else I've done. Anyway, thank you for your response I appreciate it.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I see that now. I literally googled 98 K1500 and all those popped up. I’ll keep an out.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had one obviously on my old 98, but I can’t remember, wasn’t it same key as ignition?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 1998 Suburban I don't have one of those... at least, I have no recollection of one, maybe I should go look.

Did they only include them on trucks w/ passenger airbag that had no 2nd / 3rd row?

Baby would have to ride shotgun, so must turn off the airbig.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 1998 Suburban I don't have one of those... at least, I have no recollection of one, maybe I should go look.

Did they only include them on trucks that had no 2nd / 3rd row?

Baby would have to ride shotgun, so must turn off the airbig.
My 98 Extra Cab had it.