Part name or number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pauly1119

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the plug that is on the door panel that hits the light switch for the cab lights. I can easily find the switch but I’m also missing the little plug for the door panel. I have just a little hole there.
Thanks

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a 1996 with blue interior (interior color trim code 26I), P/N is 15986797, "plug, dome lamp switch hole".

I do not see it available online. Salvage yards are likely to have plenty.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Always state year, model etc.. before you ask a question.
If I was asking a question about my truck I would start with..
" I have a 1994 ECSB K2500 5.7 4l60E."
Then everybody knows that I am asking about a 1994 extened cab 3/4 ton truck with a 5.7 litre TBI and a 4l60e transmission
Always start with that info.
If you dont know what you have, post some details and we will figure out what you are working on.
Pictures, vin numbers whatever.
You have to provide as much background as you can, and tell your story as well as you can, with as much detail as you can .

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I can use a retainer clip and paint it? I ordered some interior paint already for a ashtray door.
Stop by a salvage yard and look around. Blue interior was not uncommon. You're bound to find those plugs, and unless I am mistaken, all you need to take with you is a plastic fastener removal tool.

You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When the door is closed it's hidden , so you could go with any of the push type retainers. Something like this might be suitable substitute.
You must be registered for see images attach