Opinions on the NV3500 (just curious)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone seems to hate on the 3500, im just looking to see what peoples honest opinions are on them.
Ive had one in my truck since 95. I know its never been changed out since the truck still had the original clutch in it from 95.
(people that owned it before my family were older and babied it) Mines held up to clutch dumps and everything else from a stock 305 and both variants of my built 350 and it never been taken easy on in my ownership. Trans has held up very nicely. especially with 189k miles on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine went to 145 k behind a 305 that's still going. I had to pull it and took it to a tranny guy because it needed 3/4 syncros I think. He did new bearings and new syncros. back together, new clutch and I'm all ready to go. I don't tow anything heavy and it's in a rcsb so I'm happy with it. I sold this truck to my son in law with 23k on it. Years later on a Christmas visit there it sat broke down. If that tranny hadn't of gone out he probably would not of said I could have it back! Lol.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive had a few s10s with them with no problems. And i swapped one into a suburban with no issues.

I think they are a decent trans just not good for heavy towing or clutch dumps