OK SO Any1 Done This???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Actually, I should make a correction as sometimes my brain lags behind in the "recall mode": a PCM usually reads in KPA (kilo pascals absolute) on the tables vice BAR. It still all equates out the same as it reads the absolute value (ie; stars at zero atmosphere).

OEMs simply rate the sensors in BAR.

It all works out the same as the zero mark is the same whether you're talking KPA, PSIA or Bar. For our purposes, they're just different measures of the same pressure. It's just most calibrations work in metric vice imperial measures.

Yup, even US manufactured vehicles.....

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured that was the case on the output. I'm in instrumentation so input/output scaling is a daily matter for me. With a 3 bar, the computer would just see it as 1/3 of the true value because of the miss match in ranges between the computer and sensor.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well put the stock intake on. but now a lifter or rockerarm. I took off the pass. side valve cover and one of the push rod ports? was squirting oil out over to the exhaust never seen that before. as thinking that something found its way in the oil passage. but oil doesn't look to be flowing like before, would maybe the oil pump be the cause of this lifter/rocker noise, due to poor oil flow. I cleaned a lot of build up in this engine.
You must be registered for see images attach

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Well put the stock intake on. but now a lifter or rockerarm. I took off the pass. side valve cover and one of the push rod ports? was squirting oil out over to the exhaust never seen that before. as thinking that something found its way in the oil passage. but oil doesn't look to be flowing like before, would maybe the oil pump be the cause of this lifter/rocker noise, due to poor oil flow. I cleaned a lot of build up in this engine.
What's your oil pressure? How loose are your rocker arms and push rods? Could be that your valve lash needs to be adjusted.

Sent from ®obland

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Engines with good healthy oil pressure will squirt oil right out.

As far as lash, you should be 1/4 turn past 0.

~Via Mobile

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kinda oil are you using and what thermostat?!? I haven't seen an engine that dirty on the inside since I tore apart the farm truck motor I used to build my Camaro motor! I'm amazed that thing drains any oil at all back to the pan.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
org. owner did this to it, just an old football coach in lower Alabama, the word around the shop is that the lifter broke I tighten it down while running, the chatter stopped but its look like too many threads are showing. At least from one rocker arm to the next. I pulled the rocker off push rod next then got the lifter out and it fell a part. I'm not the kinda guy that would put just one in and sell it like some of the local guys are telling me to do. So with this motor being so trashed but does have go compression doesn't leak oil, rebuild time..."stock" or crate for around $850 to $900? I do have A lot of money into AC system, new windshield, exhaust system and pretty much anything bolt on in this truck is new. With that much invested should I stop now or forever hold my peace.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you like the truck and it is really that nice, pull the engine out, tear it down and mic everything. Clean the engine up and put it back together with new bearings, rings and a new cam and lifter set. You'll want to check the knurling on the piston skirts and make sure the votes are relatively round. Also check your valve guides. If no major damage is done to the block and all the parts are in good shape, a quick rebuild can be done relatively inexpensively.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thx, i don't have time anymore thinking of replacement lifters and another good cleaning and ill sell it, really want a short bed reg. cab.