OK SO Any1 Done This???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before so old school guys start in on me (lol) I know what can happen in this app.
1 no EGR most likely going to throw a code
2 loss of torque check
3 why? LOL

So.. I broke my intake manifold during another build and clean and got to the point that it would be cheaper to find a Carb. Intake and adapter plate to make the engine "look good" under the hood nothing for power gaining or gas eco.

got the plate from transdapt and still running the TBI set up on the truck, with a Holley Strip Dom. rpm range is a crazy 4500 to 7500rpm never going to hit that but it looks killer with the TBI on there most the guys that come in the shop look at it and say it looks great, the wow effect I wanted i'm about all show take your go I don't need another point on my lic. lol that guys I'll have pics. up ASAP and if you have vids or pics of this please post, I haven't seen this on really anything hope its not b/c it won't work, Thx Guys Jon Street :peace:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You put a big single plane intake on your basically stock, low-performance, street-driven engine and you're wondering why you lost torque? Seriously? :D

Appearance mods are best left to stuff that isn't responsible for making the truck go.

Richard

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Man.... I bet it looks cool and all... but I bet its a big, fat ...if going for show, just get a polished-chromed dual plane and reep the benefits of having some torque again... or buy a dirt track 355 and put ur intake on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Umm, are you asking a question about something or are you just posting a "look what I did" thread?

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have a 300c nothing you say I would listen to...... But I was NOT wondering why I lost anything, some of the guy I hit up that come by the shop said I would have massive torque lost due to the stock cambering in the intake manifold,maybe you didn't get the LOL on the 3rd thing.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
You have a 300c nothing you say I would listen to...... But I was NOT wondering why I lost anything, some of the guy I hit up that come by the shop said I would have massive torque lost due to the stock cambering in the intake manifold,maybe you didn't get the LOL on the 3rd thing.

Its a 300m! Pretty crappy thing to say. What does it matter if he drives a Chrysler or not. We are all here for a common purpose. He asked a simple question and a valid one. I didn't understand the post either.

Also, does that make me an idiot because I drive a kia soul as well? Don't be a d¡ck, we don't take kindly to that sounds here. Great White is a very intelligent man and a valuable source of wisdom imho!

Sent from ®obland

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Its a 300m! Pretty crappy thing to say. What does it matter if he drives a Chrysler or not. We are all here for a common purpose. He asked a simple question and a valid one. I didn't understand the post either.

Also, does that make me an idiot because I drive a kia soul as well? Don't be a d¡ck, we don't take kindly to that sounds here. Great White is a very intelligent man and a valuable source of wisdom imho!

Sent from ®obland

I think he was replying to someotherguy, and he has a 300C in his profile pic.

First off, I saw this thread, read it once, couldn't figure out what you were saying, so I took off. Seriously, periods and punctuation make it so much easier to read.

Secondly, no, I don't think anyone has put an intake on a motor for "all show". Seriously, why would you put an intake that's promoting power in 4500-7500 when the engine tops out at 5k? Waste of time if you ask me. I appreciate something that looks cool, but you just made your truck less efficient and less useful, all in the sake of making it look cool. I don't get it.

So I'll step out now.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Sent from ®obland
well I dunno, it is a Kia. At least Chrysler is connected with Dodge. All Kia is connected to is a commercial with dancing wangster hamsters. jkjk

But seriously, OP sounds like a tool that just pays shops to throw stuff on his truck then wonder why it has turned to $h!t.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well this is going sideways fast.

Maybe we should all cool off a bit.

I just couldn't tell if there was a question or not.

Single plane has been done on tbi before. Their natural habitat is higher rpm with a carb though.

You can run single plane with TBI as it can compensate for the loss of vacuum signal (ie: velocity) at lower rpm. Its not great, but it can be done. Works better if you have the ecm re-calibrated to keep stoich where it should be.

A better choice for a street vehicle is a dual plane. They are a better for carbs because of the strong vac signal that is needed to pull fuel from the carb bowls through the venturies.

TBI doesn't need a vacuum signal to inject, but it works better with the dual plane due to the fact TBI is still a "wet" manifold and the higher velocities keep the fuel moving. This prevents fuel "drop out" and pooling in slow spots of the manifold. Basically, it keeps the mixture homogenous across the cylinders (well, that's the intent at least).

So not all of the concerns of a carbed system apply to a tbi setup but some of them do since, as mentioned, it is still a "wet" manifold.

But change the TBI to a carb and things get a bit different due to the vacuum requirements.

A single plane is just too slow at slow speed operation for efficient use with a carb on the street. It will run, but don't be surprised if you see that "massive torque drop" you commented on earlier.

Yes, it will suck. It may very well have a hard time getting out of its own way. It may also run lean at low rpm. That's a bad thing if you don't already know.....

Oh yeah, what car a guy drives has nothing to do with anything except financial situation or personal preferences. Best to just get over that kind of attitude....as you can see, that usually won't fly well here.

Richard's approach may not have been the best way to respond, but he knows a fair bit more than most about gmt400's.....still, not a free ticket for him but you didn't respond very "gracefully" either...lets all shake hands and make up!

No hugging though.....

:)

(I also think the hamster commercials are funny, but don't tell anyone!)

Last edited: