Ok how can i tell if my truck has already been cranked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Every time i look at pics of trucks that have been cranked i have noticed that the hubs on them sit level with the bottom of the chassis under the cab.

Great example of this being 95obschevys truck

You must be registered for see images attach

I took a good look at my own truck yesterday and noticed that it too has the hubs sitting level with the bottom of the chassis under the cab. It sits level front to rear as well. So does this indicate that it has been cranked to at least level it?

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The BL keeps the wheels and frame in the same location while it only lifts the body. The best way to tell if your cranked is to look at your cv angles

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Here are the pictures i took of the truck today, I did edit them slightly mostly to resize them and brighten up the pics of the CVs to clarify them. Now since im still new to the IFS trucks i am not sure if what i am looking at is stock or slightly cranked. How much more can it be cranked safely before i need to worry about rapid part wear out?

93$ilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your CV angles look good I dont think your truck is cranked, maybe a little but not that I could tell by looking at the cv's.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Your CV angles look good...one really quick way to tell if they are cranked too far is if more than 2 of the pleats on the CV boot are touching

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
An inch is the most I would go...it really rides rough once you start cranking higher, you'll need to get an alignment after cranking too