Can I repair this? Window channel/mount.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwill945

Reaction score
My driver’s side rear window has been messed up for a while. Finally pulled it today and the rubber part at bottom (marked in picture) has separated from the glass. Is there a repair for this or am I looking at new window?
1993 suburban
You must be registered for see images attach

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How loose, as in is it loose all the way across? Most glass guys would clean it up, prime the glass with window primer, run a bead of window urethane in the bottom track, install glass, run it all the way up and leave it alone for 4 hours or so till the urethane cures. By time you buy a tube of window urethane and a bottle of primer, maybe $40-50 all in, only to use fractions of each might be better to show up at a glass shop with some bungee cords or some other method of holding some pressure on it to keep it together. masking tape etc. you get the idea. Might turn into $20-30 cash money well spent.

Jwill945

Reaction score
Disconnected all the way across the bottom. The loose piece is slightly twisted at one of the mounting points, so it’s hard to get it straight enough to line back up. I’m going to give the local glass shop a call and see what my options, if that proves todo steep for my pocket I may just duct tape the bottom up, roll it up, and unplug the motor.

Jroctizzle

Reaction score
If all else fails a good “temporary fix” would be shoe goo. I use it for little things like that. Seems to do the trick and it’s a super strong adhesive. No complaints from me. It should at least get you through until you find the proper replacement. Just give it enough time to fully cure.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
used glass ... beware tint gradient, high end models might have a different oem tint than say a stripper work truck which might have next to none or clear glass.

Last edited: