Can I repair this? Window channel/mount.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
used glass ... beware tint gradient, high end models might have a different oem tint than say a stripper work truck which might have next to none or clear glass.
Absolutely. Depending on year/model you could see clear (slightly greenish Coke bottle tint) glass, bronze tint, or smoke tint. The split between bronze and smoke seemed to happen about mid 1994.

Richard

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Absolutely. Depending on year/model you could see clear (slightly greenish Coke bottle tint) glass, bronze tint, or smoke tint. The split between bronze and smoke seemed to happen about mid 1994.

Richard
Wasn't sure If that applied to gm but did a Dodge window van and the guys installed a used glass we(the bodyshop) sourced and the replacement was bronze reflective tinted type. type, a real wtf did you finish putting it in moment.,..... "You called us to come put it in, we did. Here's the bill." End of story lol.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wasn't sure If that applied to gm but did a Dodge window van and the guys installed a used glass we(the bodyshop) sourced and the replacement was bronze reflective tinted type. type, a real wtf did you finish putting it in moment.,..... "You called us to come put it in, we did. Here's the bill." End of story lol.
I see it all the time on Suburban barn door windows. One will be smoke, the other will be bronze. Lots of pride in the job..

Richard

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
urethane is 12.95 a tube, small primer is 10.00
ok seen higher prices than that but 3M isn't the only ones out there. I know glass guys get the stuff pretty cheap. Autozone gets like double the going rate and never seen the primer there. Most guys will still use the primer with primerless urethane. Worked in a shop where the body techs did all their own own glass. Pretty sure it was Sikaflex urethane @ $8-9 ath time they were getting which I personally like better than Dow or 3M.