Ok how can i tell if my truck has already been cranked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i ran 33 10.5 15 bfg at on 80s chevy ralley wheels on a 93 suburban with no cranking, the 12.5 would have rubbed

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I tried 305/70/16s (33x12.5) with stock keys cranked all the way and they still rubbed even after I took off the valance. I got new re-indexed keys and trimmed my valance and now I can clear them. However, my CV angles are horrid. This problem was probably caused by the offset of my wheel and/or my T-bars are shot.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I tried 305/70/16s (33x12.5) with stock keys cranked all the way and they still rubbed even after I took off the valance. I got new re-indexed keys and trimmed my valance and now I can clear them. However, my CV angles are horrid. This problem was probably caused by the offset of my wheel and/or my T-bars are shot.

I just put on 305s with stock keys cranked a little and there's no rubbing at all, not even on the valance :shrug:

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I just put on 305s with stock keys cranked a little and there's no rubbing at all, not even on the valance :shrug:

I have seen a few truck on here that have said that so I do not no why my truck would not do it. I am running pacer 16x10 wheels but I do not know what the offset is. I bought them off CL.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Might be your wheels, Im running 16x8...I think the 16x10s are more likely to cause issues

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
That is what I am guessing. Eventually I will do a complete front end rebuild and then add a proper 4-6 inch lift so it will help fix my CV angles and the hard wear on my front end parts.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say your truck has been cranked to level, not great angles but good angles. I agree with am92 and not to crank much more then an inch. Keep the 33's on a stock rim or very little offset and should clear no problems.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I would say your truck has been cranked to level, not great angles but good angles. I agree with am92 and not to crank much more then an inch. Keep the 33's on a stock rim or very little offset and should clear no problems.

Thanks for the info! I was seriously considering sandblasting and powder coating the wheels or at least attempting to clean and polish the stock wheels on the truck currently, that or the other stock set I need to pick up from my buddy, The second set are the slanted 5 spoke wheels like this year of sierra would have normally.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk