Oil Pan Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
How hard is it to change out? Can I do it by just jacking it up and going under? It seems to be leaking near the back of it...Is this common?

Matt

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
i am guessing its on your c1500?? it wouldnt be too aweful bad... on a 4wd, you have to drop the entire front drive train to get to it if you are doing it in the truck.. as far as being common? no clue..

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
eugh, ya I started googling it. Doesn't sound like any fun.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
ya for sure.

has anyone done it on a 2wd with a 305??

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can pull my whole oil pan all the way out on my 96 c1500 with a 350 without removing much. IIRC I only need to remove the oil filter, and flywheel cover. but my setup is unique, so you may be a little different, but its not nearly as bad as a 4wd truck.

thnings that may be in your way on a 2wd 305 is: oil filter/filter adapter/cooler lines, trans cooler lines, starter, convert cover?

I don't have a trans or oil cooler anymore, I use a different starter than most, and I've got a manual trans so most of all this isnt in my way anymore.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Excellent, thanks for the input.
I was under it recently doing the starter and it didn't look too covered up. Hopefully not to bad.

SuperStepside

Reaction score
I can pull my whole oil pan all the way out on my 96 c1500 with a 350 without removing much. IIRC I only need to remove the oil filter, and flywheel cover. but my setup is unique, so you may be a little different, but its not nearly as bad as a 4wd truck.

thnings that may be in your way on a 2wd 305 is: oil filter/filter adapter/cooler lines, trans cooler lines, starter, convert cover?

I don't have a trans or oil cooler anymore, I use a different starter than most, and I've got a manual trans so most of all this isnt in my way anymore.

Your lucky you can do that cause you normally have to unbolt the motor mounts and lift the engine about 2-3 inches to clear the oil pickup.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 88 c1500 with a 305 rusted a pinhole in the oil pan itself. but rtv worked good enough for me! and since i crashed it anyways im glad i didnt pull the whole pan hahaha.