Oil in front of driver wheel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Out of nowhere, the frame/bumper mount in front of the driver side tire is covered in oil. At first I thought it was grease from the CVs, but the angles are fine and it's not thick like grease. I noticed this after cranking my torsion keys 2 more turns. I had already turned them 4 turns a month or so back. Pretty sure my shocks/struts are shot, but wondering if oil is from the strut? They are yellow bilsteins...

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Any wetness around front dif... I need to replace my front axel seals. 80-90 drips onto cv shaft area and gets thrown all over the frame for me.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep,i got the same thing on my z71 on my its coming from the front dif because I know the smell of rear fluid.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Could also be power sterring fluid. My cooler let loose and it was everywhere in the driver's front.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well... I hadn't had a chance to look into this yet. Today, I finished working on my plow mount and decided to turn the truck around in my driveway cause we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow. Well, steering wheel was tight. Looks like the leak might have been power steering fluid. I can't quite figure out where the leak is starting, though. It all puddled right under driver side front bumper, right in front of the wheel.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The cooler is mounted right behind the grill, just above the left side frame rail. That's where mine was leaking from.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. It was the line that runs through the rad support to the cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That seems like the most likely place. I'll have to tear into this weekend if there is time. Since i just finished my plow mount, taking the grill off requires removing the upper mount.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still haven't pulled the grill to look at the cooler... but I have noticed this. This is the driver side of the radiator. My oil level is fine, though. PS fluid is definitely low.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach