Oil Choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season is here.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your doing a Physics equation. When does using a viable food commodity to produce or provide a fuel supplement be " All Good ". Driving up the price of everyday food products? Diverting food into fuel when there are better more efficient ways to produce supplemental or allternative fuel sources. California's smog Nazi's required a chemical to be added to auto gas for pollution reduction. Saying again and how safe it is. Won't harm anybody or plants or animals. Guess what? It goes through the exhaust cycle likes water gets into living creatures like mercury and surprise WILL cause cancers in humans. Not maybe or highly suspect- bzzzz. Will cause cancer. Every water body in Calif is contaminated. Just one of the state gov't little secrets they don't want you bring up in discussions.
I am going to respond to this post. But I have Duck Hunting in my brain, V2 rocket testing. PEENEMUDE 1943.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My friend who retired from Butler Chevrolet to me years ago that once you reach over 100,000 miles your oil pan gasket would need to be replaced. continue to use conventional oil
If the rear main seal is leaking the whole engine needs to be rebuilt because of bering scaring which puts metal in the motor, mine did.
Could you explain the reasoning or science or facts that support your statements? Please I'm sure many inquiring minds are waiting to read this.....:3811797817_8d685371

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season is here.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your doing a Physics equation. When does using a viable food commodity to produce or provide a fuel supplement be " All Good ". Driving up the price of everyday food products? Diverting food into fuel when there are better more efficient ways to produce supplemental or allternative fuel sources. California's smog Nazi's required a chemical to be added to auto gas for pollution reduction. Saying again and how safe it is. Won't harm anybody or plants or animals. Guess what? It goes through the exhaust cycle likes water gets into living creatures like mercury and surprise WILL cause cancers in humans. Not maybe or highly suspect- bzzzz. Will cause cancer. Every water body in Calif is contaminated. Just one of the state gov't little secrets they don't want you bring up in discussions.
When I Quote All Good, Just trying to keep the sanity.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Define "synthetic oil". Group 5 is what caused all the leaks, 99% of what's on the shelf is not Group 5.
Do you mean a GL-5 synthetic gear lube, or some specific Engine oil? Not familiar with " Group 5 ".

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Do you mean a GL-5 synthetic gear lube, or some specific Engine oil? Not familiar with " Group 5 ".

See 454's post.

It has to do with the base stock.

Generally the Group 5 stuff is the most expensive. Mobil 1, Castrol, Pennzoil, QS, none of the mainstream stuff is Group 5 AFAIK. Royal Purple, Amsoil, Redline, that's more your Group 5 stuff, but you have to do your homework to make sure.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Generally the Group 5 stuff is the most expensive. Mobil 1, Castrol, Pennzoil, QS, none of the mainstream stuff is Group 5 AFAIK. Royal Purple, Amsoil, Redline, that's more your Group 5 stuff, but you have to do your homework to make sure.

I was thinking that one of the Euro grades of Mobil1 was Group 5.... or maybe it was the high mileage stuff. It was something I read on BITOG quite some time ago. It didn't stick with me, since I don't put that much thought into oil.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that one of the Euro grades of Mobil1 was Group 5.... or maybe it was the high mileage stuff.

Mobil1 has some GF-5 oil, mostly thinner viscosity.

Attachments

• mobil-1-oil-product-specs-guide.pdf
    122.8 KB · Views: 1